Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Squishy fun.

Here is a quick tutorial that I threw together.

This is one of the fun party favors we are having at one of Isabella's 1st Birthday Parties!  It can be used for a quick and easy summer fun project with your kids to play in the water outside during one of those dog days of summer!

What do I need?
O-Cel-O Sponges- the brighter the better! (I picked up the 4 pack for less than $1.00)
Dental Floss (I used an old pack we no longer used)
Scissors

First, cut the sponge in half (long ways) then cut each half again, so that you have 4 total strips.

Continue this for each sponge you have.

Once you have cut all of your sponges, randomly combine color strips (three different sponges minimum) for a total of 12 strips.

Twist the strips together in a bunch and knot dental floss midway around the bunch (hopefully you have an extra pair of hands to hold while you tie!  Sweet thanks to my husband for demoing for me!) Trim the excess floss off.

Once you have tied and trimmed the floss, spread the sponge strips out and voila! 

Dunk sponge into nearest cold water bucket and just add fun!

You are finished! :)

Let me know if you try out the squishy sponges!

No comments:

Post a Comment